Sweet potato fries are no joke, at least not in my book. They’re the perfect combination of sweet and salty. They’re good fried, but I actually like mine better baked.
Best of all, sweet potatoes are good for you! They’re a great source of vitamins A, C, and B6. They contain complex carbohydrates and are high in fiber.
Another reason I enjoy them so much (and you can probably guess the reason) is because of all the fabulous sweet potato dipping options. I have a few of my own favorites, but I took to the web to see how others dip their sp fries.
After some not-so-scientific research, these are the ways that most of us dip our sweet potato fries. If I missed a dipping option, please share in the comments. I’d love to know how you dip your sweet potato fries.
- My favorite: honey mustard sauce
- Honey mustard and horseradish sauce combo
- Sour cream and lime dipping sauce (So many options with this one. I saw recipes that included green onions, cilantro, adobo, curry, cumin, and a variety of other spices.)
- Trashy sauce: sour cream, brown sugar, and vanilla
- Ketchup with curry powder
- Ketchup and mayonnaise combo
- Mayonnaise with garlic and chipotle
- Mayonnaise with Sriracha
- Garlic aioli
- Barbecue sauce (I wasn’t sure about this one until I saw someone say they dipped sp fries in mango barbecue sauce)
- Ranch dressing (Again. Not so sure about this one.)
- Thin blue cheese dressing
- Russian dressing
- Poppy seed dressing…yum!
- “Bloomin’ Onion” Sauce
- Yogurt (regular or Greek) with cinnamon and vanilla
- Yogurt with garlic and lemon
- Melty butter with cinnamon…double yum!
- Melty butter with garlic and Parmesean cheese
- Avocado and cream cheese dip
- Cheese and garlic sauce
- Marshmallow dip
- Milkshakes…oh, yea.
- Coconut rum sauce (with heavy cream)
- Chili coconut dip (with mayo)
- Spicy apricot dip
Any more to add to the list?