Colorful layers of refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, spicy tomatoes, olives, and onion come together perfect for a casual party dip.
And who says you need to have a party to whip up this dip anyway? Feel free to relax in your favorite chair and snack on this vegetarian dip solo-style.
How to Make Fiesta 7 Layer Dip Recipe
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 can (16 oz) traditional refried beans
- 1 container (12 oz) refrigerated guacamole (or you could make your own)
- 1 container (16 oz) sour cream
- 1 pkg (1.25 oz) taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1 can (2.25 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- Tortilla chips, optional
- Reserve ½ cup drained tomatoes; set aside.
- Blend remaining tomatoes and reserved liquid with beans in medium bowl.
- Spread bean mixture in 8×8-inch glass baking dish or round casserole dish.
- Top with guacamole.
- Blend together sour cream and seasoning mix in small bowl. Spread over guacamole.
- Top evenly with layers of cheese, olives, green onions, and reserved tomatoes.
- Chill 2 hours prior to serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
Tip: Like a little kick to your food? You can control and add spice simply by using hot taco seasoning or spicy diced tomatoes.
Visit Ro-Tel.com for delicious recipes using tomatoes and diced green chilies. Ro-Tel tomatoes go beyond just a queso recipe; they are also a tasty, zesty addition to everyday meals.