It’s true. White trash dip is a dumb name for a dip. I tried to find the source of its naming, but all I found were other blog posts that talked about how dumb of a name this is. So, I guess it’s settled. White trash dip is dumb…or is it?
If done right, white trash dip can be a super tasty bean dip. Even babies like it. (They call her the “Little Dipper.”)
- 1 package bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 15 oz can of chili beans
- 2, 8 oz packages of reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (de-seed if you don't like too much spice)
- red pepper flakes, optional
- Cook up your bacon. Let cool and then crumble.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Mix all ingredients together except for salt
- Taste. Does it need more salt or more heat? Mine did, so I seasoned liberally.
- Pour into oven safe dish and cook until bubbly. Probably 20 minutes.
Do you know why it’s called white trash dip? Share in the comments. I’d still love to know.