It’s been about six months and one week since I last posted here, which I know is TOO LONG. You probably thought I forgot about you.
No way did I forget! I just got confused about my priorities. The Saucy Dipper is back, and I have so many things up my sleeve I can hardly stand it. This blog is about to take on a whole new shape and align with my marketing business, but that’s all I can tell you for now. Stay tuned for the big announcement. It’s coming soon. Promise.
In the meantime, let’s sink our teeth into some Sloppy Joe goodness. It may not be a sauce in the strictest sense, but this recipe is definitely worth a try. I highly recommend you do.
- 1.25 lb of ground turkey (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1 red pepper, chopped fine
- 1 yellow onion, chopped fine
- 1 tomato, de-seeded and chopped (big chunks ok)
- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 2 heaping tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. ground mustard seed
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 6 hamburger buns (I chose multi-grain)
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Give it a good stir to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Cook on high for five hours or so.