Sometimes you just feel like soup. Like those times when spring arrives but it still feels like winter. You know, when it’s snowing in March for example.
This week I took the hand blender and crafted an incredibly easy and smooth butternut squash soup. If you’re a dip-my-spicy-or-cheesy-sandwich-into-my-soup kind of person, then this butternut squash soup is definitely for you.
I know most squash soups often call for roasting your veggies, but I was in a bit of a hurry — so I microwaved. And THAT makes an easy soup recipe even easier. Hope you enjoy!
An Easy Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 butternut squash, microwaved until soft, de-seeded and peeled
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 c. carrots, chopped or grated
- ½ medium white or yellow onion
- 2 c. chicken broth
- ½ c. half and half
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Cut squash in half and place in microwave safe dish meaty side down. Microwave for 5-7 minutes until flesh is soft.
- Melt butter in large pot.
- Throw in your carrots and onions and cook until semi-soft and fragrant.
- Add squash and chicken broth to pot and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add half and half, nutmeg, and pepper.
- Blend using a hand blender or upright blender.