Chimichurri is one of those flexible sauces. Dozens of ways to make it and dozens of ways to enjoy it.
I used fresh basil but you can use cilantro or parsley instead. I added an aji spice mix, because I love it. If you would rather not include the aji, add more oregano. Of course, if you like more spice, add more red pepper flakes too.
Most folks eat chimichurri sauce over meat, but I often mix mine in with rice and beans or as a tortilla chip dip (of course)!
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or thrown into food processor first
- 1 tablespoon ground aji amarillo pepper
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ¼ c. fresh basil
- Throw all the ingredients in a food processor and process!
- Store your sauce in the fridge for several days, but serve at room temp.