A Ricotta Cheese Pizza
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- ¾ c ricotta cheese
- ¼ c. milk
- 1 pre-made pizza crust
- fresh basil
- sundried tomatoes
- Heat olive oil in pan over high heat, add onion and salt.
- Reduce to low heat and cook until onions are a nice caramel-color (up to 20 minutes).
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and leave on heat for 1 minute.
- Add ricotta and milk. Stir. Let reduce a touch. Turn off heat.
- Pour mixture over pizza crust.
- Sprinkle desired amount of basil, sundried tomatoes, and capers over sauce.
- Bake at 450 on top rack for 8-10 minutes.
Obviously, you can make your own pizza crust. I'm sure it would make this tasty pizza even tastier.
Recipe by Saucy Dipper at https://www.saucydipper.com/3624/three-reasons-to-make-ricotta-cheese-pizza/