Slow Cooker Sloppy Joe's
Author: Sara Lancaster a/k/a Saucy Dipper
- 1.25 lb of ground turkey (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1 red pepper, chopped fine
- 1 yellow onion, chopped fine
- 1 tomato, de-seeded and chopped (big chunks ok)
- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 2 heaping tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. ground mustard seed
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 6 hamburger buns (I chose multi-grain)
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Give it a good stir to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Cook on high for five hours or so.
If you would rather use hamburger meat, cook up the meat on the stove and drain fat before putting in the slow cooker.
Recipe by Saucy Dipper at https://www.saucydipper.com/3771/slow-cooker-sloppy-joe-sauce/