- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2, 6 oz cans of tomato paste (high quality)
- ⅔ c. water
- ¾ c. vinegar (I used white wine vinegar, but other recipes call for ordinary white or cider)
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground mustard
- 1 tbsp. coriander seeds
- 4 tsp. paprika
- 3 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. fresh pepper
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Blend all ingredients in blender.
- Adjust seasonings and vinegar to taste.
- Chill for at least 24 hours.
Recipe by Saucy Dipper at https://www.saucydipper.com/3931/day-1-of-31-day-cooking-challenge-three-tips-for-making-your-own-ketchup-with-recipe/