An Easy Sausage Gravy Recipe
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage
- ½ c. unsalted butter
- ½ c. all-purpose flour
- 5 cups whole milk
- ½ t. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ t. salt
- Cook sausage in skillet over medium heat, about 10 minutes.
- Once cooked through remove sausage and let rest on paper-towel lined plate (leave as much grease in the pan as you can).
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add flour to pan and stir for two minutes.
- Turn up heat, slowly pour in milk, bring to boil. Be sure to whisk all the while--about 10 minutes.
- Return sausage to mixture.
- Add red pepper flakes and salt.
- Serve over biscuits!
Recipe by Saucy Dipper at https://www.saucydipper.com/4027/easy-sausage-gravy-recipe/