I bought a jar of mango chutney to make a curry cream for chicken soup a couple months back (it was wonderful). The recipe called for 1/4 cup mango chutney, which left me with quite a bit of leftover. What to do?
Turns out there’s a lot you can do.
Brie and Mango Chutney Rolls
To make this delicious side dish, get a can of your regular ol’ Pillsbury biscuits. Peel each biscuit in half, spread a tablespoon of mango chutney on one side of the biscuit, place a triangle of brie on the chutney, and put the second half of the biscuit on top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 17 minutes and voila!
Mango, Lime, and Chutney Sauce
Mango, lime, and chutney sauce will certainly spice up a boring chicken or turkey meal. I followed a sauce recipe over at Food Network, but modified it by using mango chutney instead of fresh mangoes.
Other Ways to Eat Mango Chutney
- Eat mango chutney as a sandwich spread.
- Crackers topped with mango chutney and your choice of mild cheese.
- Put a dollop of mango chutney on pork chops.
- Mango chutney with a touch of curry and mayo will make for a great potato or chicken salad dressing.
- Mix mango chutney, tofu, veggies, and rice for a full-on healthy meal.
- Grilled fish with sauted vegetables deserve mango chutney for dipping.
- Add mango chutney to your grilled ham and cheese sandwich.
- Don’t forget that spicy mango chutney will bring out the best in your vanilla ice cream.
What do you eat with mango chutney?